Independence Day is the most important day of India as India got freedom on this day. It comes in the mid of August month, i.e. 15th August, which is the 75th Independence Day. On this particular day, the PM of India gives a speech and hosts the flag at Red Fort, and remembers the freedom fighters who fought for the sake of their country. Every Indian celebrates this day in full swing and buys flags from the market. On this day, students organize small and large cultural events like dance on Indian patriotic songs in schools and colleges. Moreover, it is considered a national holiday in India.
Here are the top 20 Independence Day quotes to celebrate freedom:
- We want deeper sincerity of motive, greater courage in speech, and earnestness in action. – Sarojini Naidu
- So long as you do not achieve social liberty, whatever freedom is provided by the law is of no avail to you. – Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar
- Freedom lies in being bold. – Robert Frost
- They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. – Benjamin Franklin
- Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. – Martin Luther King Jr.
- Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better. – Albert Camus
- We gain freedom when we have paid the full price. – Rabindranath Tagore
- You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom. – Malcolm X
- Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement. – Nelson Mandela
- Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for a living – Mahatama Gandhi
- Independence means.. enjoying freedom and empowering others too to let them do so.–
- Liberty, once tasted, is an incurable addiction.―
- Die for the people and even in death, you shall live.―
- Implore to self and pray for the country, in your patriotic hearts, to be raising the flag of countless gratitudes while torching that one of idolatry.―
- Let freedom ring / let the white dove sing / let the whole world know that today is a day of reckoning. ―
- it strikes me that the spirit of the Fourth, this year, was used up by September’s end and fell like an early leaf. ―
- We celebrate Republic and Independence Days in India to remind us, that our country and its freedom is the result of sweat, patience, persistence, and sacrifice of those with the courage to dream freedom and make it a reality for their future generations.”
- To celebrate the Fourth of July meant something definite in those days.
- Even if I died in the service of the nation, I would be proud of it. Every drop of my blood… will contribute to the growth of this nation and make it strong and dynamic.―
- India has two million gods and worships them all. In religion all other countries are paupers; India is the only millionaire.―Mark Twain